Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finding Out Who We Are...

Have you ever asked yourself, "Who am I"?  I have. We get caught up in the business of life; taking care of the people around us; feeding the needs of the relationships around us; and sometimes our ears get attuned to who other people say we are and what they expect from us. I've been asking myself these questions for a couple years now, and especially over the last year.  What do I like? What do I enjoy? Who am I? What do I want to do with my life. What is fun to me? What do I want to be when I grow up? Seriously. What did God have in mind when He made me?

" For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you."  Psalm 139:13-18



One of the books I have been reading is by Paula White, titled,  "You're All That! Understand God's Design For Your Life" In the introduction, she says,
                 _________________________________________________________________


 "There are moments in our lives when we experience crisis, distractions, violations, labels, victories, successes, and setbacks. You will probably agree that in the gift we call life, most of the decisive battles are fought from within. It is only when you confront yourself, remove the blinders, and deal with the real issues that have produced a "counterfeit" life that you can live the abundant life designed for you by a loving God.

What you are willing to confront, God is willing to heal.

What you are willing to change, God is willing to grow.
What you are willing to leave behind, God is willing to transform.


God gives each of us highs and lows. We learn through them. We grow through them. As we go through times and seasons of victory and emerge on the other side, if we trust in Him, we discover more about who we are, who God is, and how God works.

My prayer is that this book will help you discover your uniqueness in God and locate the true person God created you to be and intends for you to become. No one can be you but you! I pray you will not only recover the truly valuable things that have been lost, but perhaps, also gain what has never been! I pray that you will discover the rare, original, magnificent, fabulous, beautiful person God designed you to be! You are a one of a kind, irreplaceable, and valuable beyond measure. You truly are all that!"

                   _______________________________________________________________



WOW! I want her as a friend...:) And, that is just the introduction! So.... I'm digging in, doing the work and on a mission to answer my own question,  "Who am I?" 


I've been told all my life that God loves me. I know God loves me. Now, I'm ready to find out how much! 


   Do you know that God loves you? Do you know how much? It's time to find out!  :)



O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.  If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,"  even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you." Psalm 139:1-12


I pray, Father, that out of your glorious riches you may strengthen me with power through your Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within me, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. day, for darkness is as light to you. Ephesians 3: 6-21

No comments:

Post a Comment